Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Final Days

Thursday was our last full day in Belfast. We had another lecture and then went to Carrickfergus Castle and an Andrew Jackson center. It was a pretty relaxing last day.
Friday we left Farset bright and early to head towards Dublin. I was sad to leave, but I know that I want to return someday. Once we got to Dublin, there was so much to see. We went to Trinity College to see the Book of Kells, the Guinness Storehouse, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and so many other things. It was pretty overwhelming. I almost wish we had skipped the last day in Belfast and stayed another day in Dublin. That evening we went to the Brazen Head Pub (the oldest pub in Ireland) where we had a great dinner and heard traditional stories and music. It was a great night.
Saturday we got up bright and early again to leave for the airport. We went through security and only had to wait a little bit before boarding. The flight was pretty smooth and went rather quickly. We landed around 1:15 pm. It took us over 2 hours to get out of NYC. We got back to Fairmont around 12:30 am.

I realize this is just a brief overview of my time in Northern Ireland. If you see me, feel free to ask me about my travels and I'll be more than happy to talk with you. Thanks for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment